Topic of the Week
The Meet Market: Holding Effective Meetings
Meetings can and should be productive endeavors that foster a sense of camaraderie. How, you ask? Read on.
Blog of the Week
Production Over Safety at Tesla: “People are getting hurt every day”
Elon Musk, owner of SpaceX and Tesla is a seriously strange and driven guy. That can be a good thing in some circumstances and even amusing if it’s your next door neighbor or crazy uncle. But when you own a major car company, it can mean workers getting hurt or killed. Last May we wrote about a report chronicling Tesla’s poor safety record. And things apparently aren’t getting any better.
Thought for the Week
"On the week of Workers Memorial Day "We still have not reached the ultimate goal. We can analyze data and numbers but that doesn't change the horrific stories and the loss felt by loved ones and coworkers behind every single workplace fatality statistic.""
–Dennis Williams UAW President
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top Searches on Workplace Health and Safety this Week:
- What to do if you're injured at work
- Infectious diseases in the workplace
- State smoking laws in the workplace
Top Five News Headlines
- What Caused the Decline of Unions in America?
- The Way We Work Is Killing Us
- NFL Cheerleaders: Minimum Wage for a Job Where You Don't Even Get to Pick Your Own Hair Color
- Public Servants Are Losing Their Foothold in the Middle Class
- Another Safety Probe Hits Tesla After Subcontractor Breaks Jaw